Lacinato Kale and Fresh Mint Salad – I doubled the recipe to have salad for a couple days. All the ingredients are hearty and will last.
- 1bunch (large) laminate kale, chopped very small, almost minced
- 1cup fresh mint, minced
- 1cup walnuts, chopped (a great addition but the salad is really good without)
I also added some cubed avocado to the salad… it was good!
- 3tablespoons smooth natural peanut butter
- 3tablespoons warm water (You may need a little more water if you use a vitamix)
- 3tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1tablespoon soy sauce (Instead of soy I used BRAGGS liquid aminos)
- 1teaspoon fresh garlic, minced (I used more ginger and loved it)
- 2teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1teaspoon sesame oil
- 1teaspoon dried red chili flakes
A little added lime juice was yummy.
- Toss the chopped kale, chopped mint and the walnuts together. If you haven’t made the dressing yet, do that next.
- Put the peanut butter, warm water, garlic, rice wine vinegar, pomegranate molasses, soy sauce, minced ginger, sesame oil and red chili flakes into a blender and whirl away at high speed until everything is smooth.
- Toss the dressing with the salad. Maybe not all at one time. Pour and toss about half of the dressing and then decide if it needs more.